Friday, November 03, 2006

Teacher Rodney Stall

Retired Teacher From Sachem


I just met a retired teacher from Sachem High School! Rodney Stall was a teacher at Sachem, when we attended high school! He said that he did not have anyone from the class of 1959 in his class; Rodney generally taught math to students in the lower grades. Mr. Stall did speak fondly of Tom Sabatelle, John Cassese, and John Anselmo. Rod was in the Math Department, and was also the Track Coach. I would not venture to guess his age, but he looked great, was high spiritd, and was a very interesting person to talk to.

Rodney Stall also mentioned that Mrs. Hodel is living in Florida; wouldn't it be great to hear from her!

John Cassese Said:

I remember Rod very well. I did not have him for math but he was the track coach and a great one at that. I'm so glad to hear that he is well and would love to send him a note...how do I do that? P.S. I remember John DelCore also...he was the goalie on our soccer team for a while and did a great job at it. I wonder what he is doing these days. Thanks for the news...John

Judi Belden Lloyd Said:

I do believe that I had Mr. Stall for Algebra (which I took as a Senior actually). If I remember correctly I had a 100 on the final or Regents, but he gave me a 99 (because he did not believe in 100's0. The reason he took a point off was because I had spelled my name wrong. (And I had - left a letter off or out or something in my haste/nervousness)

I CANNOT believe that Mrs. Hodul is still alive. Did he mention where in Florida?

Ben Vitale Said:

Judi
John Cassese is trying to contact Mr. Stall. When he does we might possibly be able to get more information about Mrs Hodel. There was a group of students from SACHEM that administered a "Sachem Alumni Web Site." This web site also had a section which allowed one to find out where our teachers are currently living. The site is no longer available! I cannot find it! The group was called the "Web Singers." If you can find the site let me know!!!!!!

I am 64 now, Both Mr. Stall and Mrs. Hodel, must be about 22 years older then me if they were teachers at Sachem in 1959. I wouldn't be too surprised; people with "active minds," generally live much longer than those who choose to be sedentary! I admire people such as Mr. Stall; because they are "out there," enjoying life, and not feeling sorry for themselves! I met him at a Wine and Cheese Craft Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WRITE YOUR COMMENT FIRST --- Left click SELECT PROFILE --- Left click NAME/URL --- Type your name --- CONTINUE --- then PUBLISH.