Sunday, October 12, 2008

Photo Submitted by Tony and Betty Schloeh Bonicioli
*
Looks like Mrs. Hodel, on the right side of the photo, against the wall!
(Left Click on the photo to make it larger!)






















Photo IDs by Richard Williams:
1. Mr. Putnam, shop; unidentified; Mr. Berger, Miss Mary Lou Cunningham, librarian; Mr Hubbard, truancy officer; Mrs Lantis, school secretary; background: Mrs Hodel, Mrs Packey, and Miss Carmen Del Moral (later Mrs Quinn), home econ/health; and Mr Spivak.

2. Mrs Wreck, nurse(?), Mr Rothenberg, Mrs Lntis, and Messrs Berger and Spivak. "Miss Del" went to Sayville HS with my brother, Doug, and Terry Duarte's brother, Oscar. She was my confidant and confessor and we remained friends after HS until I left for the Navy and the world.It isn't that my memory is so great. I had such a crazy time after my mother died that I spent much time in the company of these great folks. Miss Cunningham negotiated many a class suspension with my teachers (Mr. Brissom especially). Messrs Berger, Rothenberg, and Spivak for the moral, ethical and male guidance they so amply provided. Mr. Hubbard was the truancy officer so 'nuf saidHope today's teachers are as gifted and caring
Happy New Year!
Richard Williams

Reflections:
2. David Rothemburg: I remember Dave Rothenburg! Any student that was out of line, defiant, or that had excessive amounts of Testosterone in his body, ultimately found his way to Mr. Rothenburg's office! In our entire school I can recall only two students that fit the above profile! It was amazing to see how friendly, aggressive men could be, when they had to deal with Dave; Dave was a trained Boxer. I believe he was in the Golden Gloves!

4. Richard Berger: On my journey through life I have met one too many people that would say no to an issue, simply because they were empowered to say no; Mr. Berger was just the opposite! I can recall Mr. Berger, saying yes to an issue that most other people would have dismissed! It is amazing how the actions of one person, can effect the lives of others! Ben Vitale

5.
Mr. Spivack:

Ben Vitale



Please send your article or story to davis.park@yahoo.com

Multiple articles about the same person are OK.



This Blog contains HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS that can be viewed by clicking the "ARCHIVES" DATES," on the top of this Blog, in the Right Hand Column.

HOME PAGE: reunion98.blogspot.com
email: davis.park@yahoo.com

Our Thanks to Google For Hosting Our Site
Also! Our Thanks to the "Gang," at Blogger for designing this program!



1 comment:

  1. Teacher between Putnam and Berger is Mr. Festa (science)

    ReplyDelete

WRITE YOUR COMMENT FIRST --- Left click SELECT PROFILE --- Left click NAME/URL --- Type your name --- CONTINUE --- then PUBLISH.