Thursday, February 14, 2013

When is the Last Time that you Tasted one of These?
Wow! A Charlotte Russe!



Commentary From our Facebook Group:
It would be wonderful if you could join us.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/58645312298/permalink/10151417931507299/

Anthony Perna in the old neighborhood in the city we hadan italian bakery on every other Block,,two things were my favorite to buy,,,one was CHARLOTTE RUSSE and the other was canolis...... yum I miss them both.
  • Ben Vitale Correction; I ate the Charlotte Russe in the front of the Photo, tonight. Instead of the usual cake at the bottom, this one was filled with Candied Cherrys. MMMMMM that was good!
  • Mary Rooney 1953 was the last charlotte russe i ever had good old brooklyn!!!!!!!!
  • George G. LaCorte I had not seen one of these since the days I lived in NYC. Now the "Canolis" I have enjoyed these over the years. Thanks for posting these pictures.
  • Dorothy Delaney I don't think I EVER had one.. Charlotte Russe, that is.
  • Ben Vitale That may have been a "Brooklyn Thing." Did you ever live in Brooklyn?
  • Cathy Dolan Vultaggio I never had a Charlotte Russe , either .
  • Ben Vitale Cathy and Dorothy, did you ever live in Brooklyn or Queens?
  • Cathy Dolan Vultaggio No , came from Manhatten orig . My husband was from Brooklyn and remembers all these goodies and all the Italian pasteries that I couldn ,t even spell ,with the rum ect.........
  • Anthony Perna sphincha, sphiadel, rum baba, canolis, anise toast, biscotte and of course cream puffs...lol
  • Ben Vitale Tony : solo leggendo i nomi dei miei cibi preferiti mi fa sentire bene. Just reading the names of my favorite foods makes me feel good.

  • http://www.facebook.com/groups/58645312298/permalink/10151417931507299/

    LEFT CLICK "COMMENTS" BELOW TO VIEW ALUMNI COMMENTARY.

    LEFT CLICK "COMMENTS" BELOW TO VIEW ALUMNI COMMENTARY.

    LEFT CLICK "COMMENTS" BELOW TO VIEW ALUMNI COMMENTARY.


    LEFT CLICK "OLDER POSTS," AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO SEE MORE!

    Our Thanks to Google/ Blogger for Hosting Our Site Also!

    1 comment:

    1. Anonymous5:35 PM

      Does anyone remember Leon's Bakery on Knapp Street in Brooklyn?
      I was born in Gerritsen Beach Brooklyn and spent some of my younger days there.. and always remember the great cakes etc...I think they may still be in business....and go back to when my parents were young.....Gerry Jacobs Horal '64

      ReplyDelete

    WRITE YOUR COMMENT FIRST --- Left click SELECT PROFILE --- Left click NAME/URL --- Type your name --- CONTINUE --- then PUBLISH.