Monday, August 05, 2013

What a great idea!
 
We should have one of these! Yesssssssss

"Any Year School Reunion"
 
 
On Saturday August 3, 2013, my wife Marie and I went to the Venetian Beach Hut in Lindenhurst, NY, to see a “60s Band;” we inadvertently walked into a Class Reunion. The people that were running the Reunion were under a tent giving out name tags. I spoke to an organizer of the Lindenhurst High School Any Year Reunion; he told me that every time he plans a reunion, everyone wants to attend. The novel solution is simple; invite "everybody." Publicity for this event was mainly through Facebook.

A tent was set-up on the Beach, near the Lindenhurst Beach Hut, a local night club, that normally schedules bands to entertain its regular customers. I have no idea as to how many people were Alumni, but 800 people showed up at the Venetian Beach Hut.  

There's "alota fun" out there! When I get excited about something, I just love to express myself in "Brooklyneese." You can take the boy "outta" Brooklyn, but you can’t take the Brooklyn "outta da" boy. LOL



LEFT CLICK "COMMENTS"

LEFT CLICK "OLDER POSTS," AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO SEE MORE!

Our Thanks to Google/ Blogger for Hosting Our Site

6 comments:

  1. Fine Sir, I was the person you spoke too. I love your post and the fact that you saw that keeping these things "Casual" is the way to go. I fully expect to break our attendance record this year for the "5th Annual Lindenhurst "Any Year" Reunion" on August 2 at Venetian Shores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to type "to"....I hate when I do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:52 PM

    Jim: My wife and I had a wonderful time talking to alumni from your school. I made an attempt to run a "Flash Mob Reunion," for Sachem High School, at Smith Point, but the event was rained out. Have a great reunion; I will also try to run another FMR this summer! Nice talking to you! Ben Vitale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben, Ah.. the weather. I take my chances but always have a local Gin Mill that can handle "Plan B". I start promoting the August event in March. Leave time for "word of mouth".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben Vitale10:57 PM

    Thanks for the idea of "Plan B..." Now why didn't I think of that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking for the Miller Twins, Jerrilyn and Geraldine Miller, class of '64. They went to college at Oneonta State. I am an old friend who would dearly love to locate them again.
    If you know them and where they may be now, I would expect you to get their permission.
    John June
    heidispet@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

WRITE YOUR COMMENT FIRST --- Left click SELECT PROFILE --- Left click NAME/URL --- Type your name --- CONTINUE --- then PUBLISH.