Monday, January 15, 2007

Lloyd Roberts 2007

Lloyd Roberts Quintet Reunion 2007


Tentative Plans are Being Made to host Lloyd Roberts Quintet Reunion 2007, in the month of June 2007, possibly the last weekend. The location would be the same as last year, in Farmingville, Long Island, NY; at the Flaming Hearth.

You will be notified as soon as the actual date is set!


Once again we have the opportunity to re-live the Seventies, in the year 2007. As we get older we develop the ability to both look at people, and also totally comprehend the message that their body language, and facial expressions are telling us. You don't really need words to understand what the people in the above photo, who were attending LRQ Reunion 2006, are thinking. I was there, behind the camera that took this photo, and can attest to the feeling of nostalgia that engulfed the entire audience.

Wouldn't it be great if a few of our fellow Alumni would attend!

Camille Pelliccia said that she would attend, and I will be attending. John Casesse the organizer of this event, will be there performing with the Band.

You must check-out the review, and comments, from LRQ Reunion 2006. Just click the link below this line!

http://lloydroberts.blogspot.com/

Your name belongs here____________!!!

_______________________

Brenda Sichenzia Said:

Hi Ben. Are there any motels near the event? We are travelling from Pennsylvania.

Ben Vitale Said:

Brenda
I'm glad that you will be attending the event. John's "Lloyd Roberts Quintet Reunion 2007," only lasts for four hours! It would be great if a Class Reunion could take place concurrent with John's event! I think that there is still hope for the "Sachem Class Reunion," to be held on Long Island! I think Priscilla is still working on the reunion!

A yahoo search for "Motel, Farmingville, NY, 11738, gave the following page. I observed that the 112 Motel is "Unrated." I wonder why it isn't rated? I would bet the Hampton Inn, in Farmingville is not that expensive!

I hope this link works, when I send it to you!

http://local.yahoo.com/results;_ylt=AhL05Z4y.XyK_bPMGEFbAiiHNcIF?stx=motel&csz=farmingville%2C+NY&fr=zerorp-local-srchweb

You could email John, he might have more current information about his event!

John Cassese <
legacypluss@aol.com


"See Ya"

Ben Vitale

Joan Lala Gerson Said:

Right now I am in California visiting my son and avidly following what is going on with our alumni so I can make plans for the summer/fall. I definitely will be at the band reunion. I remember going to the Flaming Hearth when we lived in the area. I can't say I could volunteer to help organize a reunion but may be able to make myself available if others needed help.

Thanks for the blog. It helps us all to reconnect and feel like teenagers again for a few minutes.

Joanie
(Joan Gerson)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:31 PM

    I am planning on coming if I get the date soon enough to get a decent price on airline tickets. My cousin, Donna (Bednar) DeRosa is still living in Lake Ronkonkoma, so I'll talk her into coming with me - and perhaps Fern (Coste) Spies also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:33 PM

    Ha, guess I shouldn't have picked anononymous - It's Judi (Belden) Lloyd - class of 1960.

    ReplyDelete

WRITE YOUR COMMENT FIRST --- Left click SELECT PROFILE --- Left click NAME/URL --- Type your name --- CONTINUE --- then PUBLISH.