Sunday, March 08, 2009

Fern Coste Spies just joined our group:

Hi Ben,

It has been about 50 years since I last heard or saw you, but I do remember you. However, it was a good thing to add John's name. I am a travel agent and have my own office in Holbrook known as Spies Travel Agency/ American Express Travel Service Rep. When I married George though I was whisked out of Holbrook and had to move to Bohemia but I got my kids into Sachem and they are both Sachem grads.

Quite honestly, I feel we should have the reunion somewhere on Long Island. We have a huge catering hall in Holbrook now called Villa Lombardi's and then there are the restaurants that have private rooms and all of the hotels that have mushroomed around here have ballrooms. I am sure that some of them would be willing to give us a good deal in view of the economy that exists today.

I love cruises and have been on a number of them; I love Las Vegas, my son lives there - he is police officer in Las Vegas - tough city lots of gangs and crime is rampant. However, if you stay on the strip - no problems.

My vote is to have it here on L. I. in Suffolk County. The Bavarian Inn is no longer around - it is under water figuratively.

Fern Coste Spies


Ann Venth Class of 60 found our Group:
Hi Ben,
I've been e-mailing back and forth with Ann. She and her husband, George, live in AZ, have two boys, and 5 grandchildren.
Judi ;)


Judi Belden Lloyd has been helping our group, locate Alumni, by searching on the Internet. Judi received a Classmates.com email from Ann.

Message from Ann Venth:
Thank you
It was so nice seeing some of the classmates,I really enjoyed it very much.Yes we are living in AZ, 2 and half yrs. but miss our Sons and Grandchildren very much,we would like to move back after all we lived in Medford 42 yrs,I am surprise you don't have Fern Coste.

Ann

Reply from Ann:

I don't know Fern Coste e-mail but her parents owned the car ins. in Holbrook I think Fern had a travel agency in Holbrook it was call Spheres something like that. I just want to say how glad I was that I wrote back to Judi, This is so great,I was reading alot of the Blog. I been married 45 yrs, Have two sons and 5 grandchildren 4 girls and 1 boy, Made a big mistake moving out in AZ, leaving the family, and if I could change the clock I would go back 3 yrs,and be back home where we belong. I learn one thing Family is more important.

Ann


Marylin Giove Chion:
(Click the photo to make it larger!)










Hi,

I was thinking that the reunion would be on Long Island but the suggestion to have it in Las Vegas sounds great too. Don and I are willing to attend wherever is it. It will be so nice to see everyone again.

This picture was taken in 1973 during one of our annual trips from FL to NY. (We moved to Florida in 1970) My husband, Don bought this car while we were visiting family and we drove it home to FL. He bought it because he used to pick me up from school every day in his 1955 red & white Ford when we were dating. So we parked it in front of Sachem and I took this picture of him in the driver's seat and our kids Donny & Lauren who were 11 and 7 at that time are outside. He enjoys collecting cars of the 50s and 60s. So whenever we feel like going back in time we drive one of the old cars. What a great era!

Marylin Giove Chion

No comments:

Post a Comment

WRITE YOUR COMMENT FIRST --- Left click SELECT PROFILE --- Left click NAME/URL --- Type your name --- CONTINUE --- then PUBLISH.