Saturday, January 24, 2009

John Hall Wants Equal Time!

I didn't want us Holbrook kids left out after seeing the 6th grade of Holtsville-Farmingville...Here is the fifth grade of Union Avenue School, Holbrook, this was the class of Sachem 1961.


Regards John
*
Here are the names that go with that picture: top row left to right, Marty (?), Jerry Brandt *, Mr. Surace, Steve Steidel *, Bottom row left to right: Bruce Penny, Norita Ebmeyer *, Ken (?), Mitchel Strumpf *, Gil Peterson, Barbara Gabrelsen *, John Hall *.

*
Graduated Sachem class of 1961

Regards John
*

"Something from Memory Lane"from Mary Trapani Hynes

(Left click photo to make it larger!)













*

Can anyone identify some of the people in this photo?
*

Reply fron Fran Rodriguez Steidel:

That was the sixth grade class at Waverly Avenue.. I was in the other 6th grade with Mr. Murphy as the teacher.

<>>Standing left to right; ?, ?, Victor SantaLucia, Mr. Festa, Steve Auditore, ?, Andy Gonzalez
Sitting from front to back;
Left row, Christine Surdi, Mary Trapani, ?, ?, R>Next row, Virginia Dougherty, Susan?, Charles Schwab, Billy Carlough,
Next row, Connie Spirio, Phyliss Battaglia, Tony Lombardo, Mike Pamara,
Last row, Fran Origlia, Bonnie Lamens

Fran Rodriguez Steidel

Reply from John Cassese:

I think the teacher is Vince Fester. next to him is Steve Auditor, I think Mike Pomara is in the picture and maybe Pauline Milevolte (not certain about that). Andy Gonzalez is also in the picture.

Best, John

--------------------==========--------------------

Prom Photo!

Patty Perkins and Carmen Femia
*
(Left Click photo to make it larger)














<>Patty Perkins with Charlie Galisano! Prom photo!

(Left click photo to make it larger!)














*

Comment From Patty Perkins:

Oh, how sweet it was! Life was just so good. Do you feel any different now that you did then?? (Besides older and smarter!! lol)Do any of you know anything about these 2 men? I've heard rumors about Charlie (say it isn't so!) but no confirmation. Carmen was the Basketball star of Port Jeff. I have had no luck trying to find him.

Patty


This Blog contains HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS that can be viewed by clicking the "ARCHIVES" DATES," on the top of this Blog, in the Right Hand Column.

HOME PAGE: reunion98.blogspot.com
email: davis.park@yahoo.com

Our Thanks to Google For Hosting Our Site
Also! Our Thanks to the "Gang," at Blogger for designing this program!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet it was! Life was just so good. Do you feel any different now that you did then?? (Besides older and smarter!! lol)
    Do any of you know anything about these 2 men? I've heard rumors about Charlie (say it isn't so!) but no confirmation. Carmen was the Basketball star of Port Jeff. I have had no luck trying to find him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Bobby Maginnis inbetween , Steve Auditore, ?, Andy Gonzalez . Bobby's sister Patty was my first love:)

    Standing left to right;? sure looks like Albert Koso. Eddie Koso's brother... remember their sister Nancy ?

    __


    The last time I spoke with Charlie Galasano was in the Early 70's, I was managing my brothers liquor store in Farmingville and he would come visit me to play a few card games. I have nothing but fond memories from this wonderful man. He lived just up the block from my house. Our families were friends since the 1950's... or late 40's. Charlie always had a friendly smile,... Yes, he was an all American country boy, he really was.

    Dennis in Sag Harbor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 PM

    How hard it is to lose old friends!! So many people touched our lives and then POOF! they are gone. Memories are a good thing to be left with!!!
    Patty Perkins D'Alleva

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cousin Charles Golisano died of Multiple Sclerosis in 1987. Some of the people in Mr. Festa's class are: Maryjean Frisina and Susan Schomber. Marie Santangelo Kirchgessner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy Gonzales is standing up. Marie Kirchgessner

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those who remember me I was the exchange student from Wales UK who arrived at Sachem in January 1960 aged 14, and graduated in 1961. Being at Sachem was some of the best years of my life and made so many good friends that have lasted for 50 years. my wife and I are really looking forward to our visit to the USA in September and attending the 50th re-union. regards to all John KNIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pauline Millevolte9:25 AM

    John, I never went to Waverly. I went to St. Francis De Sales catholic school in Patchogue. Can't wait for the reunion!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:50 PM

    Mary : That picture brings back memories. I see Tony Lombino in the picture. I was absent for the picture. John remember from soccer Rich Ardito.

    ReplyDelete
  9. RICHARD N. ARDITO (NUNZ)3:34 AM

    MARY : I BELIEVE I WAS IN OTHER CLASSES WITH YOU. i DON'T SEE LEON CARBONARO I USED TO GO TO HIS DAD'S CHICKEN FARM FOR EGGS. PORTION RD. WAS NOT PAVED IT WAS DIRT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is a photo from the wrestling team and a class of 1954. The coach was Sam Cario and the asst coach was Don Wooley, brings back fond memories. Richard Ardito

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Increaѕingly peoplе are adopting thiѕ methοd which they're locating very basic to practice.

    Stop by my blog post :: intexonline.org
    Also see my page > burgundy.Cmmt.ubc.Ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:50 PM

    The belt works to tighten your muscles by cоntracting them, and then relaxing them, anԁ thеn repeating
    thе motion, and it targetѕ all the muscle tissues in your abdominаl section.


    Havе a loοκ at my homepage variousgame.info

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:02 PM

    They are all troрical solutions аnd
    are to be utіlіseԁ only fοr exteгnal
    use.

    Also vіsіt mу ωebsite ... trilastin reviews
    Also see my web page :: www.prnewswire.com

    ReplyDelete

WRITE YOUR COMMENT FIRST --- Left click SELECT PROFILE --- Left click NAME/URL --- Type your name --- CONTINUE --- then PUBLISH.